- 2014 Legislative Preview
- AIC Podcast - First Edition
- AIC Update
- AIC Update - April 23, 2010
- AIC Update - December 10, 2009
- AIC Update - January 5, 2010
- AIC Update - January 5, 2012
- AIC Update - November 6, 2009
- AIC Update - Post Session Wrap Up 2011
- AIC Update - September 20, 2010
- County Government Blog
- Indiana County Government: There When You Need It
- Indiana Office Supplies Purchasing Cooperative is Now U.S. Communities Supplier
- Indiana Vote Centers
- NACo Discount Prescription Drug Card Program
- Public Forums on Declining Revenues
- Statehouse Review Week One
- Statehouse Review Week Three
- Statehouse Review Week Two
- State Needs More Transparency and Accountability for Local Tax Collections
AIC Update - December 10, 2009
Submitted by Staff on Wed, 12/09/2009 - 21:51.
In this edition we discuss the unintended consequences of HB 1004. A hearing was held on the bill yesterday (December 9) with an Indiana House of Representatives' committee. Guests: David Bottorff, AIC Executive Director; Indiana County Assessors' Association President Judy Sharp, Monroe County Assessor; and Indiana County Assessors' Association Vice President Stacy O'Day, Allen County Assessor, attended the hearing and discuss their thoughts on the bill in its current form. Click here for a digest of the bill.
Also testifying on behalf of the AIC during the hearing was Gary Malone of Umbaugh. You may view his testimony and Powerpoint presentation by clicking on the link below.
To play audio click on the play button above.
AIC Update is a production of the Association of Indiana Counties. The program features topics that promote the betterment of county government. Click AIC Home in the red menu to learn more about the AIC.
|Umbaugh PPT & Testimony on HB1004.pdf||516.07 KB|