- 2014 Legislative Preview
- AIC Podcast - First Edition
- AIC Update
- AIC Update - April 23, 2010
- AIC Update - December 10, 2009
- AIC Update - January 5, 2010
- AIC Update - January 5, 2012
- AIC Update - November 6, 2009
- AIC Update - Post Session Wrap Up 2011
- AIC Update - September 20, 2010
- County Government Blog
- Indiana County Government: There When You Need It
- Indiana Office Supplies Purchasing Cooperative is Now U.S. Communities Supplier
- Indiana Vote Centers
- NACo Discount Prescription Drug Card Program
- Public Forums on Declining Revenues
- Statehouse Review Week One
- Statehouse Review Week Three
- Statehouse Review Week Two
- State Needs More Transparency and Accountability for Local Tax Collections
State Needs More Transparency and Accountability for Local Tax Collections
Submitted by kavery on Thu, 04/19/2012 - 19:49.
- Artist: Karen Avery
- Title: State Needs More Transparency and Accountability for Local Tax Collections
- Length: 11:59 minutes (10.97 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
This edition of AIC Update features Andrew Berger, AIC Government Affairs Director, who discusses the impact to counties with regard to the mistake with LOIT distributions announced earlier this month by the Department of Revenue. Berger also talks about the AIC's proposal to the state for increasing accountability with this process.
Correction to podcast: At about five minutes into the podcast when Andrew is talking about the delay between LOIT collections and distributions, he intended to say two years instead of two months.
Read the AIC OP-ED about this issue: Click below to read the AIC Opinion Editorial released on April 16. Note to county officials: if you have yet to see this OP-ED appear in your local paper, please download the editorial and submit to your local paper.
|AIC OP-ED on State LOIT mistake on distributions - April 2012.pdf||295.26 KB|