- 2014 Legislative Preview
- AIC Podcast - First Edition
- AIC Update
- AIC Update - April 23, 2010
- AIC Update - December 10, 2009
- AIC Update - January 5, 2010
- AIC Update - January 5, 2012
- AIC Update - November 6, 2009
- AIC Update - Post Session Wrap Up 2011
- AIC Update - September 20, 2010
- County Government Blog
- Indiana County Government: There When You Need It
- Indiana Office Supplies Purchasing Cooperative is Now U.S. Communities Supplier
- Indiana Vote Centers
- NACo Discount Prescription Drug Card Program
- Public Forums on Declining Revenues
- Statehouse Review Week One
- Statehouse Review Week Three
- Statehouse Review Week Two
- State Needs More Transparency and Accountability for Local Tax Collections
Indiana Counties Offer Citizens Significant Savings Through Drug Card Program
Submitted by Staff on Thu, 07/24/2008 - 14:39.
- Artist: Karen Avery
- Title: Interview with NACo Membership Marketing Director Andrew Goldschmidt
- Length: 10:27 minutes (9.57 MB)
- Format: Stereo 44kHz 128Kbps (CBR)
Indiana Citizens have now saved more than 10 Million Dollars thanks to Indiana counties that have signed on to a free program offered by the National Association of Counties (NACo). The NACo Prescription Drug Discount Card Program sounds too good to be true, but NACo's Membership Marketing Director Andrew Goldschmidt says neither counties nor NACo make any money from the program. More than a thousand counties nationwide are participating which is about a third of the nation's counties. As of June 2008, 50 of Indiana's 92 counties had joined. Average savings per prescription nationwide is averaging at about 20-percent. Goldschmidt says the program was eight years in the planning stages, which began after NACo surveyed its members on what services would be helpful. Not surprising...county officials responded that their citizens needed relief from the high cost of prescription drugs. The program does not act as insurance, but rather more like a discount grocery card. Drug cards will be available at participating pharmacies and at many local county offices.
(Note to radio reporters: Click on the attachments below for soundbites and cut sheet as well as a newscall that includes newscall with all cuts.)
- See news video clips from around the country about the NACo Prescription Drug Discount Card on You Tube. Click here to view.
- To learn more about the discount drug card program, click here.
|Cut sheet for NACo Prescription Drug Discount Card Program.doc||71 KB|
|Drug Card Newscall.mp3||5.35 MB|
|NACo Stats August 2008.pdf||64.77 KB|